Re: soundcard access

On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 22:09 +0100, Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 09:09:20PM +0100, Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
> > > Would some of these bugs explain crackling sound when the system
> > > becomes busy? Raw processor load does not trigger it, switching
> > > applications or scrolling in Mozilla/Firefox does...
> >
> > What video ?
>
> nvidia gf2mx, agp port, on a VIA KT133A chipset,

	I think that KT133A is your problem. I have a KT133, and they have a
famous interrupt problem. That is, at least with my M-Audio Delta 44,
unless I set the PCI Latency to 0 and turn off PCI Delayed Transaction
in the BIOS, I get crackle, crackle, crackle.

	And sometimes, even if I do all that, I still get the crackle.

	It happened in Windows 2000, too.

	-Max