Re: some changes for (slightly) faster boot

On Jan  5, 2005, Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> wrote:

> A bit hacky but it does the job. I don't really have a clue how we'd
> expose this in the GUI, anyhow

Let the user create desktop profiles, and do per-profile
configurations?  Then let the user choose which profile to use for a
session, and remember the last profile used on a host and use that as
default?  For bonus points, introduce profile inheritance, and let the
user choose in which point of the profile inheritance to store some
specific setting.