Re: Reopen a request for gpgme in Core

On Sat, 2005-01-08 at 15:27 +1100, Cameron Simpson wrote:
> in this way _no_ mail reader needs extending because each remote service is
> apparently a local ordinary service.
>
> I find it extremely convenient.

It's a cute hack, but it doesn't seem to be as convenient as the way
that Evolution, pine and mutt do it for me transparently. Especially as
the mail servers I use tend not to have an IMAP dæmon listening at all,
and as it still doesn't perform the authentication for you in the way
that using SSH directly does -- your IMAP client would still need to
store a password.

--
dwmw2