Re: what USB-2 CF reader is alleged to work?

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005, Jamie Zawinski wrote:
> I'm sorry for asking what you may think is a total newbie question, but
> my inability to reliably get pictures off my camera has reached comical
> proportions at this point.  In the last few years, I've gone through
> permutations of three different motherboards, three different CF
> readers, and some subset of RH8, RH9, FC2, and FC3, and to this day, the
> best way I've found to get pictures off my camera's card has been "plug
> it into my girlfriend's mac, and use scp."

This is exactly the same experience I have, even including the
"girlfriend's mac" bit.

I have an lexar usb-2 reader and a nikon coolpix 5400. I always blamed
it on the motherboard, but it seems i am not alone.

christof

--
Christof Damian
christof damian net