goals for fc4?

Jim Cornette jcornett at insight.rr.com
Sun Jan 9 04:00:57 UTC 2005

mbneto wrote:
> hi,
> i was wondering where can i find the current goals for fc4 ?
>
> I 've checked fedora.redhat.com with no luck.
>
> - mb

There waa some discussion about what to make of FC4. Some of the
discussion centered around making the cycle shorter and FC4 a cleaner
installation.

The discussion was shortly after the release of FC3. I believe that
nothing ever was really decided as for the makeup of FC4.

I'd like to see a less buggy release and a release that is as close to
upstream programs as possible. Both goals seem to not fit together, but
are probably alright to consider as.
The lowest bug count with the most stable program versions.

I cannot recall if the discussion was on the development list or on the
test list.

Jim

--
I sometimes think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his
ability.