Re: HAL policies for port. music players

On Sun, 2005-01-09 at 14:13 +0000, Michael A. Peters wrote:

> Now that I have it working the way I want it with autofs - I want to
> know if hal is currently capable of the autofs behaviour - mounting
> only for users in specified group, only when needed, and auto
> unmounting when no longer in use. If it is capable of this, then I
> suggest for FC4 that such policies for large capacity portable music/
> video players either be the default, or easily configured as the
> default through a sysconfig gui.

My prediction is that mounting it by default is what virtually everyone
wants. I'm not sure I understand your situation; you are in an
environment where you can safely leave the iPod sitting out by the
computer, but you are worried someone will erase it?

Havoc