Re: Fedora Core 4

seth vidal wrote:

Have you considerer smart :
http://www.smartpm.org/

It is Interesting. But sometimes it ignore %{epoch} (for good or bad
reason it's not the point), does not support group, the gui interface is
a little confusing.
Smart is quite fast (python), have gnome, kde, text interface. It's in
beta/testing stage.

At this point smart doesn't have multilib support (at least from reading of the code) so I'm not sure how useful that will be for a distro offering (soon, I hope) two multilib archs: x86_64 and ppc64.

Multilib pkg choice is a work of hours, not more.

Smartpm needs RHN channel too.

73 de Jeff