Re: rawhide report: 20050121 changes

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 15:30:17 +0100, Enrico Scholz wrote:

> buildsys redhat com (Build System) writes:
>
> > Removed package gnuchess
> >
> > Removed package freeciv
> >
> > Removed package ytalk
> >
> > Removed package sylpheed
> >
> > Removed package aumix
> >
> > Removed package xboard
> >
> > Removed package balsa
> >
> > Removed package grip
> >
> > Removed package libesmtp
> >
> > Removed package gv
>
> ??? I hope that some of these removals happened just because of temporary
> issues.  I understand that things like sylpheed or balsa can disappear as
> there are enough alternatives.

And Fedora Extras. Sylpheed in Extras could be built with GPGME
support finally as long as GPGME is not part of Core. I'd love to see
that. My old sylpheed-gpg package in fedora.us didn't make it because
it would conflict with Core's sylpheed.

> But e.g. viewing postscript files is a
> common task and I do not know a program which can replace 'gv'.  And games
> like 'gnuchess' or 'freeciv' are classics which should not be missed on
> any system.

Bigger games should all be moved into Extras. A game like Freeciv should
not be included with a core operating system, IMHO.