Re: rawhide report: 20050121 changes

dcbw redhat com (Dan Williams) writes:

>> > Removed package gv
>> there are enough alternatives.  But e.g. viewing postscript files is a
>> common task and I do not know a program which can replace 'gv'.  And games
>
> Um, ggv or gpdf?  or kpd?  or xpdf?

*pdf does not display PS files.

> I'd personally use ggv,

This has huge startup times (5 seconds) where gv appears in <1 second,
is dog slow accross ssh tunnels and has unergonomic keyboard bindings
(every viewer can be terminated with pressing 'Q' -- but not ggv which
follows probably a stupid Gnome guide and requires ^W).

Enrico