Re: rawhide report: 20050121 changes

Enrico Scholz wrote:
peter backlund home se (Peter Backlund) writes:

emacs-21.3-20

... Any news on the Gtk Emacs front?

I would not spend much energy on such a port.  A Gtk port means AA
fonts which are really a bad choice for text based applications.
Current (X)Emacs have a startup-time <1 second so that it can be used
as $EDITOR. With Gtk I fear, that this will be somewhere around 5-10
seconds.

I agree with you, but you can easily turn off antialiasing: http://www.pixelbeat.org/docs/fc_fixed.html

--
Pádraig Brady - http://www.pixelbeat.org