Re: rawhide report: 20050121 changes

elanthis awesomeplay com (Sean Middleditch) writes:

>> > That's why Owen asked you to run gtk-update-icon-cache.
>>
>> I executed this command but it did not help. 'strace' showed that it is
>> nearly a noop: it loads some dynamic libraries and exits then with code
>> 0...
>
> --help is your friend.  ;-)
>
> Try gtk-update-icon-cache ~/.icons as your user, or gtk-update-icon-
> cache /usr/share/icons as root.

Ah... running on /usr/share/icons alone will not help. But after figuring
out the expected 'icon-theme.cache' files, I executed the command for the
5 requested directories. Then gedit starts significantly faster.

Unfortunately, the cache must be renewed manually when things change
there and I have ugly 'icon-theme.cache' files which are not covered by
the package-management.

Enrico