further package removals/potential package removals

Gene C. czar at czarc.net
Sat Jan 22 23:44:53 UTC 2005

On Friday 21 January 2005 18:58, Bill Nottingham wrote:
>  nedit
>    - legacy interface (motif)
>    - doesn't support Unicode

I would be disappointed to see nedit removed.  If, and only if, Fedora Extras
is real (a lot more real than it has been so far), then moving it to Extras I
can understand.  Will I do my own thing and build my own nedit if it is
removed:  yes.  Will be be a bit pissed:  yes.  When the latest version is
not built for the current release but is available in rawhide/development, do
I rebuild it for the current release: yes.

Editors are very personal.  Once you get use to one, that is your editor and
it is difficult to change no matter if there are better one available.  I
have been at this computer stuff for more years than I care to think
about ... nedit is my editor of choice.
--
Gene