Re: further package removals/potential package removals

Once upon a time, Jeff Johnson <n3npq nc rr com> said:
> ... nautilus "needs" samba much likes it needs just about every other
> bleeping library
> in FC4. Why? Because users want "features", and features requires
> implementations,
> usually in libraries, which use sonames, which are copied into package
> dependencies.

nautilus has an explicit dependency in the spec file on gnome-vfs2-smb.
It does not have any apparent dependency on libsmb.so that is provided
by gnome-vfs2-smb (nothing seems to have such a dependency).  If I don't
have any need to browse Windows networks, why do I need the software
installed?

Features are great; _required_ features are not.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams hiwaay net>