Re: RFC: Soname in rpm name

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

Le lundi 24 janvier 2005 à 13:23 +0100, Aurelien Bompard a écrit :

Well, I think that adding the soname to the rpm name could help with that:
Well if it can be easily solved how come we still have this problem ?
There are several packages that use the soname approach in FC and they
are the ones that are a PITA to cleanup now and then

Agreed. Avoid the extra hassle of multiply installed libfoo.so's unless absolutely necessary. Otherwise, it's added complexity and bloat for relatively little gain.

-- Rex