Re: further package removals/potential package removals

On Monday 24 January 2005 10:59, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> Only if the installer actually supports installing from extras as
> well, otherwise an upgrade may be impossible, or leave the system in a
> broken state.

I believe that the installer (anaconda) should support installation ONLY from
Core.  Additional packages should be installed by the system-config-packages
replacement pup which would be invoked during firstboot (or manually after
firstboot).  Although I have not [yet] voiced my opinion on the, I believe
that pup should support all of the same inpout modes as anaconda (e.g.,
cdrom, nfs, ftp, http, etc.).
--
Gene