Re: RFC: Soname in rpm name

Le lundi 24 janvier 2005 Ã 16:23 -0500, Sean Middleditch a Ãcrit :
> "capabilities equivalent to competing operating systems"... does that
> not include "install stuff" for some reason?
>
> The Open Source community is pretty good these days about using sonames
> properly.  It's silly to have packages go and break all that effort.
> Sonames exist for a reason.

I replied to "Fedora supposed to be an exercise in speedy RPM rebuilding, or an
operating system?".

I don't have any problem with libthis0, libthis1, libthat0, ...
If this help, I think this can be a good practise.

But it's not the primary focus of Fedora. This does not mean Fedora
should ignore compatibility issue.