Re: RFC: Soname in rpm name

seth vidal wrote:
Not the same pinning.  I'm talking about adding a bit that would tell
whether a particular package was requested by the user or brought in
just to satisfy a dependency of another package.  Packages of the
latter group that no longer have any dependency in the database may be
garbage collected.  Packages of the former group shouldn't.

Right but the problem is this.

sometimes, when I know a dep a package needs i'll request it too.

so instead of:
 yum install rdiff-backup

I'll run:
 yum install rdiff-backup librsync

So, I've requested it - but only b/c I know it's a dep.

why did you do so? if anyone you should know that yum will intall it too. is it faster? or? is there _any_ reason for this???