Re: slow hard drives crushing interactivity

Hi.

Alan Cox <alan redhat com> wrote:

> 2 and 50 assuming you have swap. In that mode the system will refuse to
> let you create anything that might drive the box into overcommit.

I know it'd be suicide to try and correct you on linux kernel issues,
but reading the kernel documentation in Documentation/filesystems/proc.txt
I had guessed that "0" means "no overcommit".

--
If high heels were so wonderful, men would be wearing them.
	-- Sue Grafton