HAL ejects

Paul Ionescu i_p_a_u_l at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 26 08:01:32 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 18:42:33 +0100, Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:

> Just a thougth - what would happen if somebody should be as unlucky to
> push "eject" when there is an open file on the device? The message we all
> love (not!) would pop up?

Well, depend on what application has this open file.
Usually, the cdrom gets lazy unmounted, and the application will still try
to access that file, and finally you will probably get an error from that
application that is unable to read the file.
IMO is better than having to search in 20 windows where is that app that
uses the cdrom and I cannot unmount the cdrom because of it, and I am in a
hurry and I want my cd out NOW.