Re: grip being removed [Re: rawhide report: 20050120 changes]

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 13:11:26 +0100, Enrico Scholz wrote:

> Oh... I never brought rhythmbox to play a sound -- it segfaulted shortly
> before (probably related with the gconf error-messages and the failed
> %post scriptlet).

Damn. There are various reports about such incidents with other
packages, too. Maybe related. And I think it's still not known under
which circumstances gconf post-install scripts fail. When that
happens, gconf defaults are not created, and applications which are
programmed to not handle missing defaults, give fatal errors or
segfault.

The quite common practise to redirect stdout/stderr of scriptlets to
/dev/null is not helpful in such cases.