Re: DSL modem support in Fedora Core needs system-config-network support.

On Wed, 2005-01-26 at 19:25 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> (Originally sent to fedora-config-list but trapped for moderation, and I
> may get volunteers here too...)
>
> Fedora Core 3 supports PPP over ATM (PPPoA) with any DSL modem which the
> kernel can use as an ATM device -- currently that's only USB modems
> based on the Alcatel SpeedTouch chipset, but we're working on more
> hardware drivers.

A popular irish ISP device is the ZyXEL 630-11
apparently based on the speedtouch. (the driver is hauntingly similiar
at least). Available from http://sourceforge.net/projects/zyxel630-11
and has worked well for me, apparently should cover things alternatively
branded as...

Asus aam600ug,
Digicom MichelAngelo USB A,
Topcom Webracer 851