Our Discussion on Fedora-docs [Fwd: Re: Fedora Documentation Search Engine]

Jeff Pitman symbiont at berlios.de
Fri Jan 28 16:40:16 UTC 2005

On Friday 28 January 2005 23:27, Gavin Henry wrote:
> I thought that maybe you guys would have some input on this?

Doc index generation should not be done in %post.  It should be
user-driven.  That said, FC needs to seriously consider one of the many
fledgling desktop search solutions.  We may not use it en masse now,
but, with more people using google's,et al on other platforms, it may
be in more demand at a future date (6 mos to 1 yr maybe).

--
-jeff