grip being removed [Re: rawhide report: 20050120 changes]

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg2 at cornell.edu
Fri Jan 28 17:12:46 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 11:00 -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Ivan Gyurdiev wrote:
>
> > Really to resolve this the following is needed:
> >
> > - updated livna nvidia package to include more patches
>
> agreed.  I'd suggested poking at bugzilla.livna.org

All right, maybe I will. I like focusing on one bug at a time.
Currently I'm messing with SElinux stuff.

> > - Livna.org sync-ed against Rawhide.
>
> It's not too hard for rawhide'rs to 'rpmbuild --rebuild'. is it?

Well had the livna package been patched I suppose I could do that.
That creates incentive to help get it patched :)

> > - updated xorg-x11 packaging to separate the Mesa GL stuff
> > - some sort of alternatives system or post-install scripts to
> >   find correct provider of libGL.so.1
>
> Why are these necessary?  Just because you don't like the fact they're
> merely installed, but not used?

No - because they prevent building things against libGL.
libGL.so.1 is a typo - should have been libGL.so - see other mail for
detail.

--
Ivan Gyurdiev <ivg2 at cornell.edu>
Cornell University