Re: grip being removed [Re: rawhide report: 20050120 changes]

Ivan Gyurdiev wrote:

Why would you split a library off from xorg-x11, but not split the
headers?

As I said previously, the MesaGL .so link and headers are required, else you end up with proprietary-ized binaries that work *only* when the nvidia GL libs are installed. MesaGL-linked binaries wor on both MesaGL and Nvidia-GL (supposedly) systems.

I say (supposedly) because I don't have/use NVidia cards myself, but I've heard enough success stories from reputable sources to trust the conclusion.

-- Rex