grip being removed [Re: rawhide report: 20050120 changes]

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Fri Jan 28 17:56:58 UTC 2005

Ivan Gyurdiev wrote:

> Why would you split a library off from xorg-x11, but not split the
> headers?

As I said previously, the MesaGL .so link and headers are required, else
you end up with proprietary-ized binaries that work *only* when the
nvidia GL libs are installed.  MesaGL-linked binaries wor on both MesaGL
and Nvidia-GL (supposedly) systems.

I say (supposedly) because I don't have/use NVidia cards myself, but
I've heard enough success stories from reputable sources to trust the
conclusion.

-- Rex