Re: grip being removed [Re: rawhide report: 20050120 changes]

Sean Middleditch wrote:

On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 17:15 +0100, Harald Hoyer wrote:

PPC? Bloat! :-)

Hmm, good point. You know, now that I think on it, the kernel itself is
pretty big. Got a lot of them drivers in it. Nobody needs all of 'em.
I say we compile all drivers as modules and put them all in Extras, too.

How about we just distribute a boot disk, people can use that to partition their system, download the minimum files they need, and then rebuild everything from .src.rpms. We can call it "Fedortoo" :-)

--
Aaron Bennett
UNIX Administrator