Re: Nvidia packaging in Fedora (Summary)

> > - I still say the libGL devel stuff and libGLU should be split from
> > xorg-x11-devel.
>
> You keep saying that.  But, why?  There is no other/alternative GL
> implementation in Core or Extras (Nvidia's doesn't/shouldn't count in
> this discussion).

Why do you keep saying that Nvidia's does not count.
What exactly is the problem with their GL headers/library?

> On the other hand, I thought one of Mike's original motivations for
> splitting off Mesa-GL was to allow for drop-in replacements.  I'm not sure
> if there is value anymore in packaging these separately.

I heard X will be modularized for FC5 so all libraries will be split up
like that. Is that not the case?

--
Ivan Gyurdiev <ivg2 cornell edu>
Cornell University