syncing evolution w/ connector in rawhide (and others)

Mon Jan 31 19:46:57 UTC 2005

Le lundi 31 janvier 2005 à 14:25 -0500, Jeff Spaleta a écrit :
> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 19:57:07 +0100, Nicolas Mailhot
> <Nicolas.Mailhot at laposte.net> wrote:
> >(this is by no means a demand, just my own POW - if Raw Hide can't
> > be used before test releases it's little use for everyone, Red Hat
> > included)

> Instead making rather unrealistic demands that packages in rawhide
> build flawlessly on the first attempt...

Like I said, this is any sort of demand. Please do not put words that I
explicitly refused to use in my mouth.

I was answering the assertion that " You can't expect real stability
until the few weeks prior to release when everything freezes and the
various glitches are worked out.  If there was any mandate to keep
Rawhide stable at all times, it would be the equivalent of production
and they would have to put out Beta/RC releases for Rawhide! "

A "few weeks prior to release" is way too late to start worrying about
stabilising Raw Hide. You know it and I know it. Therefore the first
poster was perfectly right to expect the stabilisation to be under way
by now (and to fill a bug). Presenting Raw Hide to be so dangerous you
can not beta-test it is as counter-productive as expecting it to be
perfect. It's more raw than FC, but with a little care it won't eat your
brainz either (to quote a famous post on this list).

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot