grip being removed [Re: rawhide report: 20050120 changes]

Peter Backlund peter.backlund at home.se
Mon Jan 31 21:20:56 UTC 2005

> I tried to do a little research on Helix Player, but the website appears
> to be down right now.  It would be nice if dropping in a plugin of some
> type was all it took to add MP3 (and Real) support.

I tried dropping the mp3 plugin files from RealPlayer in the HelixPlayer
plugin dir, and voilá! mp3 playback enabled.

I don't think the mp3 component is non-distributable, only the
RealAudio/RealVideo ones. A HelixPlayer-mpeg package might be possible
to host at rpm.livna.org, for mp3 and mpeg4 playback.

/Peter