Re: grip being removed [Re: rawhide report: 20050120 changes]

Le lundi 31 janvier 2005 Ã 22:20 +0100, Peter Backlund a Ãcrit :
> > I tried to do a little research on Helix Player, but the website appears
> > to be down right now.  It would be nice if dropping in a plugin of some
> > type was all it took to add MP3 (and Real) support.
>
> I tried dropping the mp3 plugin files from RealPlayer in the HelixPlayer
> plugin dir, and voilÃ! mp3 playback enabled.
>
> I don't think the mp3 component is non-distributable, only the
> RealAudio/RealVideo ones. A HelixPlayer-mpeg package might be possible
> to host at rpm.livna.org, for mp3 and mpeg4 playback.

Somehow I doubt Real will allow this after their instant of fame
claiming they have "secured" an mp3 license for the users of real
player.

(Of course I may be wrong and they may admit they were talking crap to
get quoted by clueless journalists)

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot