Fedora Core 5 Idea

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Fri Jul 1 10:23:56 UTC 2005

Hi

>> Already in the wish list. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Wishlist.
>> Personally I like the idea of doing something similar to the early
>> GDM login and new init script to make bootup faster to apply to
>> shutdown too so that it not slow enough to add graphics to make the
>> wait look better
>

> And that won't work with the NVIDIA binary drivers either. I think
> this, as well as rhgb, are a waste of developers' time.

I am not sure you read me correctly. Work in going towards removing RHGB
and making the boot process faster. In a similar fashion if the shutdown
is also made faster, the need for graphics there is much less. So
without the graphics involved the Nvidia drivers arent going to come
into play.

regards
Rahul