Has anyone got rhel3 running under fc4 as a domu

Dan Track dan.track at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 10:32:23 UTC 2005

> Dan Track wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for someone who can help me get rhel3 running under fc4 as
> a domU.
>
> I am using it with the fc4 domU kernel without problems. There are messages
> at boot time that several kernel modules could not be loaded, but that is to
> be expected and causes no problems. E.g. the hardware clock is usually
> unaccessible for a domU in xen.
>
> So perhaps you could try the domU instead of the dom0 kernel for the rhel3
> guest.
>
> Best Regards,
> Michael Paesold

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried using the domU, here's my config:

kernel ="/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.11-1.1369_FC4xenU"
ramdisk = "/boot/initrd-2.6.11-1.1369_FC4xenU.img"
memory = 260
name = "rhel-3-es"
nics = 1
disk = ['phy:hda3,sda1,w']
root = "/dev/sda1 ro"

Any chance you could post your configs and how you installed rhel3.

Many Thanks
Dan