Apology for being a troll ...

Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith@ieee.org> thebs413 at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 5 21:35:41 UTC 2005

I don't know if I should waste the list's time any more than I have,
but I analyzed my responses in the two most previous threads on
nVidia, as well the software patent thread, and I have come to the
conclusion that regardless of what my initial posts might have been,
or what I had hoped to accomplish, I clearly broke down into more
of a "troll" in responding to a few individuals.  I want to apologize
for those comments -- especially the latter posts.

Those who know me know I can clearly break down into almost a
self-defeating person in e-mail.  I'm clearly much better at discussing
these details in person -- especially in a consulting or training
role, as well as in a formal, well-planned article or presentation.
For some reason the inpromptu rationale and choice of words
escapes me in e-mail, and I don't always handle responses the way
that would most effectively show my viewpoint.  I showed some
greatly poor examples in the last few weeks.

So my apology.  Again, I can honestly and with great humility admit
that well over half of my responses clearly fall into the "troll" type
of response, and I will be more attentive and objective will ensuring
any posts I make have more thought and to-the-point wit to them
in the future.  Your forgiveness for my recent transgressions is
greatly appreciated, and I'll keep them at the forefront of my mind
when contemplating any future response.

Bryan J. Smith   mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org