new in 2005-7-9 glibc: no more LinuxThreads

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Fri Jul 8 19:57:43 UTC 2005

RE> Thanks for the head up. I am running rawhide, but have one
RE> application that uses LT and that has to work for another month or
RE> so (Matlab R13).

How do you determine whether or not a particular application uses the
old threading model?  ldd on an old Matlab R13 binary shows:

        libpthread.so.0 => /lib/tls/libpthread.so.0 (0x00116000)

but R14sp2 shows essentially the same thing:

        libpthread.so.0 => /lib/tls/libpthread.so.0 (0x0015e000)

and I'm sure there would have been complaints if the Fedora had
broken the latest version of Matlab.  (Unfortunately Matlab is the
crappiest piece of software that I have no choice but to keep
running, and always causes a number of problems.)

 - J<