No more right click terminal

Bryan Clark bclark at redhat.com
Tue Jul 12 05:10:40 UTC 2005

Seriously dude if you calm down for just a little while, allowing for
someone to respond who actually knows what happened we won't have a
witch trial on our hands. ;-)

It's obviously not perfect yet, but GNOME is making progress to being
both Power Tool friendly (read you) and regular person friendly (read
hopefully everyone else).

This page describes lots of cool things you can install and use to trick
out your GNOME DE as you might like.
http://live.gnome.org/PowerUserTools

More specifically this page has the package for the _new_ open terminal
menu item that actually works better in most ways than the old one.
http://manny.cluecoder.org/packages/nautilus-open-terminal/

This new project gives you the option to open a terminal in any nautilus
window instead of just on the desktop.  The desktop menu will open a
terminal just like it did before.  However when you open a terminal from
nautilus window showing "~/folder-x/folder-y/" your terminal will be
opened to the same directory.  This is something new that I think makes
this option even better.

Now the new item isn't at the top of the context menu, but I think
that's the only real downside to this projects effort so far.

It'd be great if someone packaged this project in extras so that crew
with torches and pitch forks out front of my place will go home.

Cheers,
~ Bryan