rawhide report: 20050711 changes

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Tue Jul 12 05:25:04 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 01:14 -0400, Dimi Paun wrote:

> Glad to hear that. But this is missing the point -- forcing such
> preferences onto others is not right, and the people that don't like
> this behavior (and let me tell you, in my experience they are the vast
> majority, with the minority being ambivalent, no real fans AFAIK)
> are going to be rightfully upset. But I digress, if folks didn't figure
> it by now that this is not the way to make friends...

1. I think you're confusing vocal contingent on /. and osnews with
'majority'
2. it's not about forcing preferences it is about making sure the code
is maintainable and not riddled with exceptions for corner cases and
optional menus and ridiculous configuration dialogs.

If you really want to learn more about how these decisions get made and
maybe help with them then go be involved in gnome development. But
complaining on fedora-devel-list isn't going to help.

-sv