rawhide report: 20050711 changes

Richard Li richardl at redhat.com
Tue Jul 12 12:55:15 UTC 2005

seth vidal wrote:

>>And shutting people up every time they complain that this is
>>fedora-devel, and not some upstream list is also bad policy IMO: at the
>>end of the day, people use Fedora Core, and they'll judge the overall
>>result, with little thought of where bad decisions come from. This is a
>>good forum to discuss these problems, if not we might as well close down
>>the list.
>>

>At the end of the day fedora follows the decisions of upstream and
>shouldn't be patching in items like a gnome-terminal on the desktop root
>right-click menu.

And before you ask we don't want to deviate from upstream because that
creates forking and therein lies the unsustainable, unmaintainable way
of badness. That's why you get the answer of "upstream". Yes sometimes
we carry patches but 99.9% time (I hope) it's because upstream hasn't
merged the patch but it has been agreed to in principle.