No more right click terminal

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Fri Jul 15 15:30:21 UTC 2005

From: "Jeff Spaleta" <jspaleta at gmail.com>
> No need to wonder... If you get invovled or at least follow gnome
> development discussions upstream.. I'm sure you can get a clearer
> picture of project direction and momentum.

This is just a 'nice' way to say to someone to fsck off, while
giving you the warm and fuzzies that you're doing a good deed.

Who do you think has the time and bandwidth to follow 50 high
traffic mailing lists? I follow a few thank you very much, and
I'm already overloaded in emails. I'm easily in the top 5% in
terms of following discussions on OSS projects, and I don't cover
even a fraction of the software I use. Which means that 95% of
our user base simply can not be expected to follow vast amounts
of discussions over hundreds of mailing lists. Not to mention that
even if they do, their chances of influencing anything are close
to zero (as we've already seen so many "do it yourself if you
don't like it, it's pointless to complain" comments around here).

A small fraction of the 95% are complaining where it's more
convenient for them. There are obviously a lot of people on
this list that are deeply involved with a lot of projects people
care about. The smart thing to do would be for these people to
not ignore the complaints, and instead condense and relay
the sentiments expressed here to said projects.

Asking someone in a condescending tone to follow a 200-emails/day
list to have a say in about 1 decision a year that they care
about is just aggravating. For everybody. Please don't tell me
you think you are being helpful.

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.