Re: List purpose (was Re: No more right click terminal)

On 7/15/05, Jesse Keating <jkeating j2solutions net> wrote:
> I guess my question is more "Is Gnome's target audience the same as
> Fedora's target audience?"  This is where I seem to see a disconnect.

At the distribution level.. i don't think there has been any effort to
make a clear statement as for whom long term design is aimed at.
Clearly gnome as the default destop and the intent to follow upstream
decisions more faithfully than I brush my teeth, makes gnome's target
audience decisions weight heavily on the fedora desktop target
audience. Outside of the desktop i dont think there is distinction
made as to which audiences fedora is trying to design for in the long
term. Outside of the desktop... what does design for a novice or power
user really mean when you are outside of the desktop anyways?  Can you
design a kernel for novices?

-jef