No more right click terminal

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Fri Jul 15 23:55:46 UTC 2005

Once upon a time, Joshua Eichorn <josh at bluga.net> said:
> What was said, was if someone like my mom has to us the cli to solve a
> problem its a bug.

No, it has been stated repeatedly that a terminal is only useful for
developers and system administrators.  I agree that for someone to have
to use a terminal to fix a problem it is sub-optimal (I wouldn't say
bug).  However, even under Windows, there are a number things that are
easier or only possible from the command line (and our dialup/DSL
support people often ask customers to open a command line).

> They also said we should remove the content menu to get to the terminal
> cause it scares people like my mom.

Can anyone cite a single case of this?

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>