No more right click terminal

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Sat Jul 16 00:36:52 UTC 2005

On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 06:01:58AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> >No. With that reasoning you can immediately scratch the right-click menu
> >alltogether. It carries such all-important used-all-the-time options
> >like "Change Desktop Background", "Create Launcher" etc. You can put
> >all that stuff elsewhere and use the right-click menu for stuff that's
> >REALLY used all the time by actual users.
>
> What is really used that is more useful and in context to the desktop?

Must it be in a context with the desktop to make sense? Only for
academic reasons, IMHO. Shells don't have much more to do with the
desktop than about any other application to get your real work done.

I don't know what users use most often that don't need to work all the
time with shells to accomplish their tasks efficiently. Thus I was
suggesting to make the first part of the right-click menu configurable.

Best regards,
Daniel