system-config-sshd ?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Sun Jul 17 04:34:52 UTC 2005

Hi

>> Other system configuration tools are more suited to do the basic
>> functionality and not expose a lot of details. You could do it in a
>> more comprehensive way but the UI should be designed to do the basic
>> things in an easy way first
>

> Care to present me with some easily observed examples so that I could
> better apply what you're suggesting to my problem?

Sure.  system-config-httpd only exposes basic functionality for example.
GUI applications shouldnt be designed with the aim to expose all the
configuration options but as task based systems. Figuring out what
options fit into which task group would be a good idea. Try create some
mockups using glade.

regards
Rahul