NetworkManager

Jeff Pitman symbiont at berlios.de
Sun Jul 17 08:18:11 UTC 2005

On Friday 15 July 2005 20:29, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 15:19 +0800, Jeff Pitman wrote:
> > If this type of setup was added to NM, it would be very, very nice.
>
> That type of usage is one of the major reasons why we chose to use
> bind for NetworkManager.  I'm not sure if NetworkManager's VPN
> support takes advantage of it yet, but it could if it doesn't.

If not, you might want to make note the order in which bind comes up and
whether the availablility of that particular DNS is available at the
time.  Bind will blacklist forwarders if they're not available at the
time of a resolve.  Even if it's up later and good to go.  You have to
restart bind to get it to resolve against these servers.

Just FYI for any future enhancements that are built around this...

--
-jeff