gnome-user-share

Colin Walters walters at redhat.com
Mon Jul 18 02:16:26 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-07-17 at 17:46 -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
> I've started a new thread because this discussion was going to get lost
> in the 200+ message thread-o-doom.
>
> So so far we have the introduction of gnome-user-share, which uses an
> http process dynamically bound to a port running as the user to share
> stuff in a ~/Public file to the world w/out auth. It sounds like
> gnome-user-auth will go into core.

I should say that I'm not saying it should go into Core now.  It
actually needs the GNOME Session Services stuff to land before it works
(i.e. without a user needing to drop to a shell and run gnome-user-share
manually).  We're talking GNOME 2.14, not sure if that'll make FC5.

But yes, when it is included, we can discuss these issues.