gnome-user-share

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Mon Jul 18 07:12:30 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-18 at 07:59 +0100, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> Is this folder mandatory, or is the path something you may choose?
> It's just because it is unnecessary clutter imposed in the Desktop (when
> Desktop == $HOME), and would probably be better suited at some other
> place like Documents/Public or whatever.

Um... is the Desktop == $HOME in future releases?  I rather like
Desktop/ being it's own directory.  This follows suite from Apple OS X
and Windows so it is less confusing for new people.  Also I keep a lot
of stuff in the root of my home dir, I don't want these displayed on my
desktop.

Was I helpful?  Let others know: