fedora extras mirror: Metadata file does not match checksum

Jonathan Underwood j.underwood at open.ac.uk
Wed Jul 27 16:20:31 UTC 2005

Hi

I am consistently getting the following error from a fedora-extras
mirror on running yum clean all && yum makecache

http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/4/i386/repodata/primary.xml.gz:
[Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum

However, I don't get the error message when I use
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/$releasever/$basearch/

So, I was about to report the problem to the mirror provider, but I'm
not entirely sure that's where the problem lies. Is there anyway I can
gain more information on this problem?

[Apologies if this is the wrong list to ask this question on, I look on
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras for a fedora-extras mailing list,
but saw no reference to one.]

Thanks,
Jonathan.