Rawhide updates & Fonts

Wed Jul 27 20:38:58 UTC 2005

Le mercredi 27 juillet 2005 à 16:18 -0400, Owen Taylor a écrit :
> On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 19:28 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> > >
> > > Fonts are still messed a bit in Firefox (size). No complaints with Evo.
> >
> > Well with fontconfig-2.3.2-1 OTOH rendering changed drastically
>
> How?
>
> I expect no changes from that.
>
> On the other hand, once we get the next set of Cairo/Pango/GTK+ changes
> into the tree, rendering *will* change drastically ... in theory,
> it will be identical to FC4 at that point.

Lines seem thinner, character spacing is degraded (some of them touch
when they didn't before). I'm sorry I can't be more specific, my eyes
are adapting and I don't have a pre-update control system to compare (so
I must try to remember a pre-yesterday system) but the changes were very
noticeable just after the rawhide sync. At least in evo, so maybe it's
evo-specific, but I seem to remember the Gnome panel changing too.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot