Firefox crippling

Enrico Scholz enrico.scholz at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Mon Jun 6 13:12:00 UTC 2005

alan at redhat.com (Alan Cox) writes:

>> prior confirmation although formerly the Unix like keybindings were
>> active) are probably caused by a Gnome2 misbehavior.
>
> As I understand it, it should pick up the preferences from your gnome
> settings - ie if the emacs key support is on in gnome then firefox
> should use them

Yes, that's the Gnome2 misbehavior I am speaking about. There was a firefox
in an existing Gnome2 environment with emacs-style keybindings and from one
day to the other, these bindings did not work anymore. Using autoupdate
functionality for Gnome2 packages will be the total horror for the enduser
support...

Enrico