ESP Ghostscript 8.x for FC5

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 12:41:55 UTC 2005

Tim Waugh wrote:

> (Dropping fedora-test-list, since this is not relevant on that list.)
>
> ESP Ghostscript 8.15rc3 is now in the development tree.  This is
> targetted at Fedora Core 5.  Please help test it out and see if I've
> missed anything.
>
> I'm particularly interested in any regressions compared to the Fedora
> Core 4 package (ghostscript-7.07-40).
>
> On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 07:35:12AM -0400, Neal Becker wrote:
>
>> Transaction Check Error:   file /usr/bin/bdftops from install of
>> ghostscript-8.1
>> 5-0.rc3.1 conflicts with file from package ghostscript-7.07-40
>> [Lots more similar conflicts]
>
> This is because you have something that still requires something that
> the old ghostscript provides.  Do you have ImageMagick < 6.2.2.0-3
> perhaps?
>
> Tim.
> */
for file in $(rpm -q --whatrequires ghostscript); do echo "..." $file &&
( rpm -q --requires$file | grep ghostscript; ); done
... ghostscript-fonts-5.50-13
ghostscript
... hpijs-1.7.1-3
ghostscript
... gnome-print-0.37-11
ghostscript
ghostscript-fonts
... ghostscript-devel-7.07-40
ghostscript = 7.07-40
... ghostscript-gtk-7.07-40
ghostscript = 7.07-40
... system-config-printer-0.6.131-1
ghostscript >= 6.51-16
... gsview-4.6-10
ghostscript >= 7.07-15.3
... libgnomeprint22-2.10.3-1
ghostscript
ghostscript-fonts
ghostscript
ghostscript-fonts
... libgnomeprint22-2.10.3-1
ghostscript
ghostscript-fonts
ghostscript
ghostscript-fonts
... scribus-1.2.1-5
ghostscript >= 7.07

Looks like the culprits are ghostscript-fonts and ghostscript-gtk