Firstboot: Module to add other OS partitions' entry to fstab

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 13:30:33 UTC 2005

On 6/8/05, Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net> wrote:
> If you provide a good tool to change them afterwards you do not need such
> "in the face" advertising. Just select good defaults like for everything

Ah.. but how do you make sure people are aware of the new good tool?
and sadly i think this is one of those system-wide features that can
benefit from install-time or firstboot configuration depending on the
role the machine is playing.

As long as good defaults.. mean safe defaults I'm happier.   If the
data corruption situations that david mentioned can be prevented my
important concerns over the question of defaults disappears.  Shaking
out the lingering data corruption situations should be something
targetted for the early fc5 test releases if this feature is
implemented and turned on by default in the test releases.

Everything else is murky trade-offs about defaults versus feature
discovery, a category of questions we don't have a general answer for.

-jef