OT: nVidia driver [was: Wish list] -- understanding the GPU market

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Wed Jun 8 17:59:16 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 08:22:33AM -0400, Alan Cox wrote:

 > Which would be why folks are currently just starting to sort out PCI express
 > ATI radeons right now of course.

FWIW, I picked up a PCI-E Radeon X300 for not-many-beans recently.
It works out of the box with FC4, with no need for proprietory drivers.
The 3d isn't supported yet (See reverse engineering effort I mentioned
in earlier mail), but for 2D its a damn good card.  I never thought I'd
say I'd find a better dual-head card than a Matrox, but this thing
really shines.

		Dave